Take advantage of summer’s bounty and encase fresh tomatoes and zucchini in a flaky pastry.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Servings: 8
- 1 1⁄3 cup (333 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2⁄3 cups (167 ml) butter (cold and cut in pieces)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 Ontario zucchini (medium and diced (about 2 cups/500 mL))
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic (minced)
- 1 Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup (63 ml) black olives (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup (63 ml) fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 Ontario Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
In large bowl, mix flour with salt until blended; cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gather into rough ball. Press dough onto bottom and up side of 9-inch (23 cm) fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Prick all over with fork. Freeze 5 minutes. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely on rack.
In frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, garlic, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender. Cool to room temperature. In small bowl, mix olives with basil; scatter over crust. Top with zucchini and Parmesan. Arrange tomatoes in circular pattern, overlapping slightly. Serve immediately at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving
- Protein: 5.0 grams
- Fat: 17.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20.0 grams
- Calories: 258