A wonderful addition to an antipasto platter, this appetizer is even better the next day. Serve with crusty bread or crackers.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Servings: 8
- 3 large Ontario greenhouse sweet peppers (red, yellow or orange)
- 1 can light chunk tuna (drained: 7 oz/198 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers (drained and coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovies (chopped)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Seed and cut peppers into 1/2- to 3/4-inch (1 to 2 cm) chunks. Set aside. Combine tuna and capers just until blended (do not overmix). Set aside.
In large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add anchovies; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tuna mixture; cook for 1 minute longer.
Stir in sweet peppers; cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Serve garnished with parsley, if desired.
Nutrients per serving
When recipe serves 8:
- Protein: 7.0 grams
- Fat: 14.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4.0 grams
- Calories: 170