CHATHAM-KENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
2018 INTERNATIONAL PLOWING MATCH & RURAL EXPO PLANNING UNDERWAY
Contact: Rob & Carl Sterling
Chatham-Kent – July 13, 2015 — Chatham-Kent Organizers of the fast approaching 2018 International Plowing Match and Rural Expo ( IPM) are reaching out to the public for help. The event to be held in September of 2018, promises to be one of the largest community events in Chatham-Kent History, drawing tens of thousands of visitors to the area. The annual IPM moves to a different community each year and is the biggest event of its kind in North America.
Some committees are already busy planning the plowing match, and more committees are being formed.
Efforts are now underway to recruit volunteers for some of these committees which include:
– Coordinate contact between other committees and local media
– Create news releases
– Organize events for local media personnel
– Create and manage IPM 2018 webpage on www.plowingmatch.org
– Manage Facebook, Twitter, and other forms of social media related to IPM 2018
Corporate Partners Committee
– Identify and solicit corporate sponsorship
– Assist other committees with determining potential in-kind donors
– Recruit additional volunteers to become involved with the International Plowing Match and Rural Expo
– Manage database of volunteers and maintain contact with them as necessary
– Work with volunteers and committees to determine the best fit for individual volunteers, based on their interests and the needs of each committee
– Select, Order, and Manage Inventory of Souvenirs
– Assist with promotion of IPM 2018
– Determine potential entertainment for the 5 days of IPM 2018
– Book and manage entertainment, staying within budget
The media, website, and corporate partners committees are already in place, but require additional committee members. All committees will be involved in planning activities beginning now and continuing through to the International Plowing Match in 2018. 2018 is closer than it seems, and because there is so much work to do planning must start immediately.
Joining a committee is a great way to network, meet friends, and make a contribution to a history making event that will leave a permanent impression on the social and economic fabric of Chatham-Kent.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL PLOWING MATCH AND RURAL EXPO
* The IPM is the largest show of its kind in North America!
* The Ontario Plowman’s Association is the event’s parent organization
* Each year a different Ontario community is chosen to host the IPM
* 1000 acres of farm fields become Tented City, competitive Plow Fields, an RV Park and more
* Attendance averages over 75,000 each year
SOME ANNUAL IPM HIGHLIGHTS
– More than 150 plowing competitors in 7 classes
– Professional entertainment
– Ontario Queen of the Furrow Competition
– Education days and exhibits for students
– Ag Business Displays
The Chatham-Kent organizers of the 2018 IPM need the assistance of the local media as they work to raise event awareness and recruit the volunteers that will be needed to host this massive event. If you can help, please contact organizers using the information listed on this release.
Additional 2018 INTERNATIONAL PLOWING MATCH CONTACT INFO:
Contact: Rob & Carl Sterling