15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Makes 5 servings
(per serving) 210 cal, 3.4 g fat, 33 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein, 530 mg sodium, 74 mg
calcium, 4.0 mg iron, 216 DFE folate
2 Tbsp. Ginger, finely grated
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
3 scallions, chopped
5 carrots, shredded
1 cup red lentils
4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. Lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil to medium low and add minced giger, garlic, jalapenos and scallions.
2. Sautée until onions are translucent (approx. 2 minutes)
3. Add carrots, lentils and stock.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Simmer on medium low for 30 minutes or until re lentils are cooked.
6. Stir in lemon juice, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.