From a news release
The Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture (CYSA) Competition is pleased to announce the 2019 competition topics:
· How can aquaculture support the earth’s growing population?
· Food fraud: Do you know what you’re eating?
· Are GMOs the solution to food security?
· The benefits and challenges of adopting new technologies on the farm.
· Can Canadian agriculture survive in an age of increased protectionism and globalization?
· What does the next generation of agriculture bring to the table?
· Bust a common myth in Canadian agriculture.
The 34th edition of CYSA will be held on Saturday, November 2, 2019, at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto, Ontario.
Each year the renowned public speaking competition is held at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair (a Platinum sponsor of CYSA) in Toronto. The competition is open to youth ages 11 to 24 with a passion for agriculture whether raised on a farm, in the country or the city.
Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture is a national, bilingual competition that provides a platform for participants to share their opinions, ideas and concerns about the Canadian agri-food industry in a five to seven minute prepared speech.
Since the first competition held at the Royal Winter Fair in honour of the International Year of the Youth in 1985, it has gone on to become the premier public speaking event in Canada for young people interested in agriculture, with more than 980 participants over the years.
For more information about CYSA or to register, visit the Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture website.