From a news release
On Wednesday (March 6) the Chatham-Kent Economic Development and WEtech Alliance are hosting a public event called TeCK Night Chatham-Kent 4: The Future of Connected Farming and Agri-tech. The event will be located at McGrail Farm Equipment on 23550 Prince Albert Road in Chatham from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
In the coming years, smart farming is projected to create a massive impact on the agricultural economy by bridging the gap between small and large-scale businesses. From smart AI drones in the field to robots in greenhouses, a growing number of farmers are adopting digital technology, automation, and data-driven innovations.
In this session, attendees will have the opportunity to hear from agri-tech leaders on innovations in the industry. The agenda for the evening has a selection of topics and speakers, including:
· Overview of Agriculture in CK by Kim Cooper, Lead Agricultural Expert, Chatham-Kent Economic Development Officer
· Innovation and Technology in the Cannabis Industry – Greg Gawne, Senior VP of Business Development, Agmedica
· Innovation in the Field – Jamie McGrail, Integrated Solutions Manager, McGrail Farm Equipment
· Agriculture and Advanced Manufacturing – Geoff Wright, Lead Manufacturing Expert, Chatham-Kent Economic Development
· Support for your Agri-tech Business – Yvonne Pilon, President/CEO,WEtech Alliance
The night will feature an advanced look at upcoming technology plus a unique opportunity to network with the Chatham-Kent tech community and hear from local tech leaders in a fun and informal farm-side chat.
Space is still available to register for this free event but is limited due to space. For more information, visit the Chatham-Kent Economic Development website.