By: Janice LeBoeuf, Vegetable Crops Specialist, OMAFRA
Presentation slides from the 2017 Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Convention (OFVC) are now posted online. Field vegetable content at this year’s OFVC included:
- No-Till and Cover Crops for Pumpkin and Squash Production
- Urban Agriculture: An Ohio Perspective
- Organic Weed Control in Vegetables
- Innovative Technologies for Potato Late Blight Control
- Potato Diseases: Late Blight and Dickeya Blackleg
- New and Emerging Potato Varieties
- Growing Sweet Corn in the Great Lakes Basin – How to Manage Phosphorus
- Cover Crops, Healthy Soils and More
- Farm Gate Marketing
- Making Integrated Pest Management Work
- 4Rs Nutrient Stewardship for Vegetables
There were also many general sessions that may be of interest to the vegetable industry including Irrigation; Potassium, Magnesium & Calcium: Revisiting the Basics; Soil Health; Zero Waste; Soil Pest Management; Nematode Management; Business; and Food Safety.
Some presentations may not be available if presenters did not use slides or did not wish to have their presentations posted.
For more articles visit: http://onvegetables.com