The CFFO is offering a year-long paid internship in Guelph, beginning May 1st. You just might know the perfect person for the job, so please share this job posting. But hurry! The deadline to apply is February 19.
The successful applicant will gain valuable work experience in Ontario’s agriculture sector and will play a key role in CFFO’s communications work, policy development, and member services.
- Communicate with members and industry partners through social media channels
- Write a monthly editorial commentary
- Develop short videos and other promotional materials
- Represent CFFO at farm shows and other industry events
- Research and prepare policy statements on selected agricultural policy issues and present key information for discussion at internal meetings
- Organize and facilitate summer events for CFFO membership
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent research, analysis, and critical thinking skills; familiarity with policy writing an asset
- Experience in use of various media; experience in marketing an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Familiarity with Ontario agriculture an asset
PLEASE NOTE: This position is offered, in part, through the Career Focus Program of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Under this program, applicants must be:
- 30 years of age or younger,
- unemployed or underemployed,
- a university graduate in the last three calendar years, and
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Applicants must not have not participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy program (that is, Agricultural Youth Green Job’s Initiative).
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 19, 2018.